Friday, November 19, 2010

Favorite Holiday

My favorite holiday is Christmas. I like Christmas the best for many reasons. First of all, Christmas is one time throughout the year where I get to see my entire family. On Christmas Eve and Christmas day, everyone gets together and it just feels great to catch up with everyone and share a few laughs. Secondly, I love the time prior to Christmas when you get to go and buy stuff for everyone. Another thing that I really like about Christmas is going and picking out the tree and getting all of the Christmas decorations out. Also, I really enjoy seeing how excited the little kids get around this time of the year. It reminds me of when I was little and how excited I would always get thinking about Santa and all the gifts that he would be bringing. One thing that especially love about Christmas Eve is the surf n’ turf dinner my grandparents serve at their house. Every year we have filet mignon and lobster tails and I always end up stuffed after this meal. After my grandma’s house, we open gifts and then head over to my uncle’s house on my dad’s side of the family. It’s here where we have dessert and exchange gifts with that side of the family. On Christmas morning, we open our gifts at our house and then we go to breakfast down at my grandparents. They always have a huge spread of eggs and bacon and fruit and we always get to talk with everyone and see what kind of gifts everyone got. Christmas dinner is always at our house and my mom always makes prime rib. Everyone comes over and it is just an exciting and enjoyable couple of days. I love seeing my family and that is why Christmas is my favorite holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment