Thursday, December 9, 2010

Over the Top

Growing up in a sports family, most of my games I played usually involved some sort of physicality. One of my favorite games to play when I was a kid was “Over the Top.” This was a game that my brother and I created after watching a little bit too much football on T.V. The point of this game was to stack a bunch of blankets and pillows on the couch and floor to make for a large obstacle to hurdle. Also, these blankets and pillows were put there to stand as a little bit of cushion to prevent any serious injuries. The object of the game was to have one man running the ball, and another one or two men, sitting in front of the couch on their knees, waiting for the runner to attack them. When the runner began to move, the defenseman would prepare to lay a hit on the ball carrier as he sailed through the air, trying the hurdle the tacklers and reach the couch. The couch represented the end zone and the pillows and defenseman stood as the pile of defenders that is created when there is a goal line stand. If the ball carrier successfully reached the end zone, he would be able to run the ball again. If the ball carrier got stuffed, he would then go to defense and a new runner would get the ball. This game was a lot of fun because there were usually a lot of good hits that took place. Over the Top was defiantly my favorite game growing up and sometimes I get the urge to play it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment