Friday, December 3, 2010

Interesting Picture

When I first saw this photo, it instantly grabbed my attention. One of the first things I noticed about it was how blue the water looked. Something about the color of the water and the amazing clarity of it just attracted me. As I looked at it more closely, I was amazed to see how crystal clear the water appeared and how refreshing the water appeared. Next, I noticed the black material at the bottom of the canyon. For a while I thought about what it could be and why it almost looked like an oily substance. The next thing that caught my attention about this photo was the snowy canyon surrounding this river. The whiteness of the snow just blended well with the color of the water and really contrasted each other nicely. Also, on the right side of the canyon, the shape of the snowy cliff just looked really interesting and was somewhat incredible as to how much curve was naturally made by the snow. While looking into the background of the picture, I wondered if any animals had ever traveled through this territory and if so, what kind of animals were they. I also thought about how steep the canyon really was and if it was almost an optical illusion. Staring at the snow, I wondered if the water I was looking at was actually frozen and had become ice or if it was still in the liquid form. I also wondered if there any fish or sea -like creatures living at the bottom of it. This picture really made me think a lot and really interested me. I liked this picture because of the cast color change and because how it just instantly grabbed my attention. I would surely like to see this exact image one day in person.http://photography.nationalgeographic.com/photography/photos/best-pod-october-2010/#/ice-canyon-greenland-balog_26744_600x450.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment