Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Movies

Each year around this time, you start to see an assortment of the different Christmas movies being aired on the television. You see classics such as The Christmas Story and It’s a Wonderful Life. You also see the more recent films like The Grinch and Fred Clause. When I see these movies, they always remind me of the times when I was younger and always get me into the Christmas spirit. When I was real little, I remember watching the Christmas Story and always being amused by the young man who got his wish when he got his bb-gun. Then I always remember when the boy goes out to shoot his new toy and end up hurting his eye, just like everyone said he would if he got that gun. I was able to relate to this movie quite well because I too always wanted a bb-gun when I was younger. I can recall several Christmas’s, that after I got finished with all of my gifts, I would search around the house in hopes of finding the gift that was hidden like his was in the movie. Unfortunately, I never found my hidden bb-gun. This was probably a good thing though because, I would have probably followed up just like the movie did and ended up shooting myself in the eye. Another movie that is more recent for me is The Grinch. This movie is one of my all-time favorites. I love this movie because it was more modern and just always makes me laugh with all of the dry humor. One movie that we as a family always watch is Christmas Vacation. This movie makes me and my family laughs every year. It seems that every year we watch it; it just gets funnier and funnier. Chevy Chase is a terrific actor and does an excellent job portraying what the average family man goes through during the holiday season. These movies always put me in a great mood and that is one of the great things about Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment