Sunday, January 23, 2011

Fantasy Playoff

After discussing what I would like to see happen to college football, I would now like to talk about what I think would have happened if a playoff system was installed this year. If I was in charge, what I would do is take the top ten teams in the nation and exclude them from the bowl series. The remainding teams would then be voted on to participate in the bowl games so that their schools get some publicity and that the tradition of the bowl games can be continued. I think that this would reward teams for a good season and would give the teams something to hang their hat on at the end of the season. Now, with the top ten teams, I would give the top six teams a bye in round one, and the bottom four teams would have a playoff round. This would narrow it down to eight teams competeing for a national championship. Now, after round one, I would have the number one seed play the new number eight seed and so forth. I think that this would give everyone a fair shot at a national title and like I stated before, this would allow for teams like TCU who was ranked three, I fair shot at winning a title. Now, with years past standings, I would predict it like this. 1. Auburn vs. 8.Boise State, 2. Oregon vs. 7. Alabama, 3. TCU vs. 6. Oklahoma and 4. Stanford vs. 5. Ohio State. I think the winners of these games would be 1. Auburn, 2. Oregon, 3. TCU and 5. Ohio State. After this, I think Oregon would beat Ohio State and Oregon would beat TCU. In the national championship, I still think Auburn would walk away with the title. Even though I still think Auburn was the best team in the Nation, I just think that a playoff systems gives team a more fair shot at claiming their title. I think that it would allow for team to prove what they have and show the world that they deserve the national championship for beating the top teams in the nation.

No comments:

Post a Comment