Thursday, January 13, 2011

super bowl sunday

Super bowl Sunday may just be my second favorite day of the year behind Christmas. All the anticipation and suspense that has been brewing all season is finally about to be released. I wake up in the morning and usually turn on the television right away to see what ESPN has to say about the game. Usually, all day the reporters have coverage on the game and usually they put together an interesting story about the history of the teams and players. Around 11ish, I start to mosey out of bed and start getting dressed. Every year, we host a party at our house for the super bowl so we usually have to a lot of stuff to get ready before everyone comes over. I am usually in charge of shoveling the driveway, porch and walk way up to the house so nobody has to barge through the snow to get through the front door. Around 1 o clock, a lot of the guys start to show up and we all play cards. This is a nice way to get everyone together to get us riled up for the game. Also, we usually get the first taste of all the snacks that my mom has put out. During this time, we often arrange Super Bowl pools and everyone talks about the game. Around 5 o clock, everyone starts to show up and we usually get a pizza for everyone. When the game starts, everyone gathers around and pays close attention. I usually stuff my face throughout the entire game and I’m constantly checking my pools to see if I am winning. Sometimes, I take a walk down to my neighbor’s house and visit them while they have a separate party going on. Super bowl Sunday is one of my favorite days and I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment