Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Social Networking

Social Networking has impacted in me in many ways. First of all, one positive of social networking is that I am always connected to anyone. By a touch of a button, I can instantly see what all of my friends are doing. I am always connected with everyone and I am only a text message away from communicating. Plus, I always have someone to talk to whenever I go online. Another positive effect of social networking for me is that I am always able to stay in touch with colleges and coaches through email. This is beneficial for me because it makes it easy for my questions to get answered, and for the coach to send information to me. Also, it makes it easy for me to arrange visits and set up scheduled events. One negative of social networking is that I am never alone it seems. Especially in high school, drama is always swarming on the online networking sights and overtakes everything else these sites are good for. You will log on to facebook and see nothing but fights and depressed people complaining about how bad their lives are because their parents wouldn’t let them go out or because they couldn’t find a ride. I often have to log of quickly because some of the stuff that people complain about are so ridiculous that I just simply can’t take it. Also, where the usage of cell phones these days, u will get home from school and think that you have the rest of the evening to relax until your phone goes off and it’s a text from someone asking about something that happened in school. And just like that, you are swarmed with drama once again. In this day in age, social networking has it’s perks but it also has it’s negatives.

No comments:

Post a Comment