Thursday, October 28, 2010

Injury

One time when I was playing little league football, I suffered a broken hand and was forced to sit out for a couple of games. I was only in fifth grade when this happened and I was extremely upset because I thought that my season was over. It happened when I was running the football and got tackled with my hand getting stuck between two facemasks. At first, I thought that it was just a bad bruise so I continued to stay in the game. By halftime, the pain had gotten worst and I could barely move my hand and had to watch the rest of the game from the sidelines. Fortunately, we won the game and that made me a little bit happier. After we got done shaking hands, I went home, got changed and my mom took me to the doctors. I was forced to take x-rays and they showed that I had a hairline fracture and that I would have to have a cast put on and that I wouldn’t be able to play for a week. This was good news because I was glad that I would get the chance to play again even though it wouldn’t be at quarterback because of the cast I had to wear. The game that I had to sit out of was against Lake Shore. It was tough to sit out and not be able to play with my team but I was excited to think that next week, I would be back out there. The next game was against CSRA and it was muddy. I had to wrap the cast with an inch thick foam pad to protect myself and other players from being hurt from the cast. It was a good game and we won. It was fun to play again and it is a moment I will never forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment